Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Optimum Diet, Or Lack Thereof


I’m not going to sit here and tell you how to eat.

I feel like lately there have been so many articles claiming to have the secret to health or “THE BEST diet/lifestyle in the world.” It makes it seem like you have to follow a specific, strict way of eating or else you’re doomed to disease and premature death.

The fact of the matter is everyone’s body is different, and therefore, everyone’s optimum “diet” (not dieting kind of diet) is different. What makes me feel most healthy and energized might not necessary be what works for you. Some people feel amazing being vegetarian, and other’s feel best by including meat in their diet. Some people thrive as vegans, and others feel sluggish from it. Regardless of these types of dietary preferences, junky, greasy, chemical pumped, processed foods don’t make ANYONE feel great. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying some Cheetos every now and then (a guilty pleasure of mine), but it shouldn’t be the basis of your diet.

This being said, on my little corner of the internet I’ll still share with you some of my favorite recipes and foods because it’s something I’m passionate about.

Do what’s right for you, make your own rulesand enjoy life.

With love,

Esra

No comments:

Post a Comment